The PowerSpout TRG is a Turgo turbine which on a suitable site can produce up to 1.6kW 24/7, 365 days a year.
The Turgo is a versatile turbine and can be used for mid range flow rates and head drops. It is a good choice for off grid applications where the the distance is between the inverter and the load is 6-30 meters (20-100 feet). Requires two transformers; one for each phase at the receiving location. This turbine can reach a power output of up to 1500 watts.
A TRG TURBINE COMES WITH
- 4 Jets and 4 valves (2” BSP standard - NPT optional)
- All Camlock fittings and pipe clamps for 50mm (2”) ID flexible hose connection
- (all you need is 4 x 50mm BSP (2”) or NPT male fitted on your penstock and 6-10m of flexible smooth bore suction hose)
- A mid-range oil filled pressure gauge
- Manual grease fitting as standard
- 4 metal jet supports to prevent jet sag due to pipe weight
- 2m of 4mm2 tinned PV wire for +/-/earth
- 2 x MC4 cable connectors
- 4 x Tek screw fixing kit
- Rotor packing set kit included if we consider them likely to be required
- 4 x spare jet inserts
- 2-year warranty
Common version available are TRG 14/28/40/56/80/170/200/350. The number refers to the operating voltage, cable voltage or "MPPV". The runaway voltage off load or "Voc" can be as much as 3 x higher. So for example the TRG 200 will work well with a grid tied inverter at 200V but may produce voltage approaching 600V when the inverter is not drawing power from the turbine.
- Up to 1300W continuous production (production dependent upon resource head)
- Units are designed to be installed in parallel to capture very large flowrates
- Operates from 6 meters of head up to 30 (20-100 feet)
- Over 6 years continuous field operation with zero maintenance.
- Grease Zerk fitting for easy bearing maintenance.
- Large-diameter direct-drive permanent magnet generator.
- 68% Recycled materials use in manufacturer
- 100% Renewable energy used in production.
- No exposed rotating parts or electrical connections.
- Fully protected from the elements - weatherproof.
- 3 year warranty
- Head range: 2 to 30 (6.6 –100 feet)
- Maximum flow/turbine: 16 l/s (254 gpm)
- Minimum flow/turbine: 8 l/s (127 gpm)
- Dimensions: 430 x 410 x 350 mm (16.9 x 16.1 x 13.8 inches)
- Maximum power: 1200W (Standard) or 1600W (HP)
- Maximum current rating 32 amp