Katydid Wood Stove
The Katydid is a gasifier wood stove manufactured by Unforgettable Fire. Like the Kimberly it is designed to burn at high efficiencies and can heat up to 2,000sqft.
The Katydid™ (pronounced Key-tee-did) gasifier wood stove is perfect for environmentally conscious, off-grid living. Certified at 1.9 grams/hour, our Katydid™ gasifier wood stove is one of the cleanest non-catalytic wood burning stoves on the planet.
The patented, ultra-efficient thermodynamic gasifier technology harnesses the wood gas within the exhaust as a secondary fuel source to increase heat output, radically lower emissions, and improve overall efficiency, providing a nearly smokeless burn. This technology also allows you to get more heat from less wood, which means longer burn times, less wood splitting and incredible wood-burning efficiency.
The Katydid™ gasifier wood burning stove is an industry leader with a minimal combustible clearance, perfect for environmentally conscious, off-grid houses. It’s the best small wood stove for compact space dwellers who are looking for a highly-efficient dry heat source and cooktop.
- American-made, precision-cut black steel
- Manufactured in Oregon, USA
- Non-catalytic re-burn solid fuel system
- Versatile cooktop
Ultra-efficient and clean
- Underwriters listed for WETT certified installations
- Tested against ULC-S627-00 Standards Council of Canada
- Conforms to CAN/CSA B365-10 Clause 4.1.C Canadian Chimney
- EPA certified at 1.9 g/hr emission rate (EPA limit is 4.5 g/hr) EPA Certified Stoves
- Heats up to 2500 square feet of well-insulated space
- Peak 85,500 BTU's/hour
- Burns up to 12 hours, depending on wood quality
- Will burn up to 8-inch diameter logs 8-inch in length
- Optional sealed outside air intake
- Height: 32”, 38” with base
- Width: 12”x12”
- Weight: 153lbs
- Flue exit: Vertical
- Estimated efficiency: 80%
- Vents with 4” double-wall pellet stove pipe
- Requires Class A rated ceiling pass through (insulated or triple wall pipe)
- Certified for 6” clearance to back of flue & 21” to sides (less with shielding)