Devil Watt 100W Thermoelectric Generator
The Devil Watt 100 watt thermoelectric power generator is designed with mounting holes so it can be mounted to a gas, wood or coal stove for supplemental power generation or an industrial appliance for waste heat recovery. The generator is cooled by circulating water/glycol through the inside and to radiators, baseboard heaters, radiant tubing or other heat exchangers. The generator can be attached to a heat source to generate hot water and electricity.
The thermoelectric power generator consists of 8 Tegpro Thermoelectric modules, one aluminum heat receiving plate and a liquid cooling block. The aluminum plate conducts the heat from the heat source surface to the hot side of the thermoelectric module. Some of the heat flowing through the thermoelectric modules passes to the liquid cooling block where it is removed by flowing water/glycol through the system. The rest of heat is converted by the thermoelectric modules to electricity.
The generator is installed with 8 Tegpro 19 Watt 56 mm × 56 mm modules connected in a series/parallel circuit. When the generators’heat receiving plate reaches 270 °C (518 °F) and the entering water temperature is 30 °C (3/4 GPM fow rate), the generator can produce 100 watts. See the graph below to determine power generation at lower heat receiving plate tempearatures. The generator is light-weight, produces no noise and is very durable. Max hot side temperature is 450 C. Never run without water/glycol cooling or unit will be damaged.
- There are 8 mounting holes in the hot plate of the generator, please afx to a smooth fat surface on your heat source with high temperature fasteners.
- The generator can be installed horizontally or vertically just make sure all the air is out of the system before starting it.
- You can install several units to produce more output power. Always make sure that the water/glycol is fowing through this unit when heat is applied.
- Part Number: DW-WC-100W
- Output Power: 100 Watts
- Open circuit Voltage / Matched Load Voltage: 48 VDC / 24 VDC
- Maximum Temperature of Applied Surface: 840°F (450°C)
- Dimensions: 23.5" (600mm) x 5.7" (146mm) x 2.2" (57mm)
- Weight: 8.6 lbs. (4 kg)