The PowerSpout TRG is a Turgo turbine which on a suitable site can produce up to 1.6kW 24/7, 365 days a year.
The Turgo is a versatile turbine and can be used for mid range flow rates and head drops. It is a good choice for off grid applications where the the distance is between the inverter and the load is 6-30 meters (20-100 feet). Requires two transformers; one for each phase at the receiving location. This turbine can reach a power output of up to 1500 watts.
A TRG TURBINE COMES WITH
- 4 Jets and 4 valves (2” BSP standard - NPT optional)
- All Camlock fittings and pipe clamps for 50mm (2”) ID flexible hose connection
- (all you need is 4 x 50mm BSP (2”) or NPT male fitted on your penstock and 6-10m of flexible smooth bore suction hose)
- A mid-range oil filled pressure gauge
- Manual grease fitting as standard
- 4 metal jet supports to prevent jet sag due to pipe weight
- 2m of 4mm2 tinned PV wire for +/-/earth
- 2 x MC4 cable connectors
- 4 x Tek screw fixing kit
- Rotor packing set kit included if we consider them likely to be required
- 4 x spare jet inserts
- 2-year warranty
Common version available are TRG 14/28/40/56/80/170/200/350. The number refers to the operating voltage, cable voltage or "MPPV". The runaway voltage off load or "Voc" can be as much as 3 x higher. So for example the TRG 200 will work well with a grid tied inverter at 200V but may produce voltage approaching 600V when the inverter is not drawing power from the turbine.
- Up to 1300W continuous production (production dependent upon resource head)
- Units are designed to be installed in parallel to capture very large flowrates
- Operates from 6 meters of head up to 30 (20-100 feet)
- Over 6 years continuous field operation with zero maintenance.
- Grease Zerk fitting for easy bearing maintenance.
- Large-diameter direct-drive permanent magnet generator.
- 68% Recycled materials use in manufacturer
- 100% Renewable energy used in production.
- No exposed rotating parts or electrical connections.
- Fully protected from the elements - weatherproof.
- 3 year warranty
- Head range: 2 to 30 (6.6 –100 feet)
- Maximum flow/turbine: 16 l/s (254 gpm)
- Minimum flow/turbine: 8 l/s (127 gpm)
- Dimensions: 430 x 410 x 350 mm (16.9 x 16.1 x 13.8 inches)
- Maximum power: 1200W (Standard) or 1600W (HP)
- Maximum current rating 32 amp
MODEL SELECTION CHART
INTRODUCING THE TRG TURGO
INTRODUCING THE POWERSPOUT
For more Videos from PowerSpout, click here.
The PowerSpout is manufactured and shipped from New Zealand. Delivery takes about two weeks.