The PowerSpout PLT is a Pelton turbine which on a suitable site can produce up to 1.6kW 24/7, 365 days a year.
This model is great for flows with a large head drop and a low flow rate. It is designed to directly charge 12v 24v or 48v batteries or connect directly to a grid-tied inverter. A good choice for off-grid installations where the turbine is within 100ft (30meters) of the battery bank or a grid-tied installation where the turbine is less than 2000ft away from inverter location. If off-grid, turbine will Require a load dump charge controller to protect the battery bank. This turbine can reach power output of up to 1500 watts.
PLT TURBINE COMES WITH
- 2 Jets and 2 valves (2” BSP standard - NPT optional)
- A mid-range oil filled pressure gauge
- Manual grease fitting as standard
- 2m of 4mm2 tinned PV wire for +/-/earth
- 2 x MC4 cable connectors
- 4 x Tek screw fixing kit
- 4 spare jet inserts
- Rotor packing set kit included if we consider them likely to be required
- 3 year warranty on standard (under 1200W) and 2 years on turbines over 1200W power output.
Common version available are PLT 14/28/40/56/80/170/200/350. The number refers to the operating voltage, cable voltage or "MPPV". The runaway voltage off load or "Voc" can be as much as 3 x higher. So for example the PLT200 will work well with a grid tied inverter at 200V but may produce voltage approaching 600V when the inverter is not drawing power from the turbine.
- Up to 1300W continuous production (production dependent upon resource head)
- Units are designed to be installed in parallel to capture very large flowrates
- Operates from 3meters of head up to 100m (10ft-328ft)
- Over 6 years continuous field operation with zero maintenance.
- Grease Zerk fitting for easy bearing maintenance.
- Large-diameter direct-drive permanent magnet generator.
- 68% Recycled materials use in manufacturer
- 100% Renewable energy used in production.
- No exposed rotating parts or electrical connections.
- Fully protected from the elements - weatherproof.
- 3 year warranty
- Static head range: 3 to 160m (10 – 525 feet)
- Dynamic head range: 3 to 130m (10 – 430 feet)
- Maximum flow/turbine: 8-10 l/s (130 – 160 gpm)
- Minimum flow/turbine: 0.05 l/s (0.8 gpm) at maximum head
- Dimensions: 470 x 400 x 430 mm (18.5 x 15.7 x 17 inches)
- Maximum power: 1200W (Standard) or 1600W (HP)
- Common version available PLT 14/28/40/56/80/170/200/350 (the number refers to the operating voltage Vo, the runaway Voc can be 3 x higher)
- Maximum current rating 32 amp (optional upgrade to 50 amp possible for PLT14 or PLT28 turbines)
MODEL SELECTION CHART
PLT INSTALL VIDEO
POWERSPOUT INSTALLED EXAMPLES
For more Videos from PowerSpout, click here.
The PowerSpout is manufactured and shipped from New Zealand. Delivery takes about two weeks.